Read what our clients had to say about us!
Whether you are a first-time home buyer or a seasoned expert, purchasing a home can be a complex process. For this very reason, I am here to assist you for each step of the way. Throughout each important stage, I will help you navigate the ever-changing housing market and lead you to your dream home.
Not sure what you’re looking for? My detailed understanding of market trends, local neighborhoods, and financial tidbits allows me to give sound, proven advice to match you with your ideal house.
The Buying Process
To begin with, I believe that the more informed you are, the better your experience will be. I have the resources to guide you through the home finding process, providing you with everything from detailed property searches to neighborhood information.
Below, I have included a general step-by-step list to help explain the home buying process. Some of these stages may seem confusing, but, remember, I am here to answer any questions.
1. Determine your needs and budget
Before the search begins, its a good idea to define what type of house, neighborhood, and location best suits your needs and lifestyle. Have fun with this! Have you always wanted a wood fireplace? Is a large yard important to you? I recommend imagining your dream home, while also taking into account your financial considerations.
Once you share these details with me, I can offer feedback and advice to help develop a plan and goal moving forward. You may want to prioritize what specifications you are looking for in a new home to offer some flexibility when scouting for houses.
2. Get pre-approved for a loan
First, meet with a loan officer. Sharing income and financial information will give you a price range for which you are qualified.
- Get Pre-qualified
- Obtain a pre-approval letter
- Obtain a “Truth in Lending” letter explaining the costs of borrowing money
- Learn about the many loans available to buyers in today’s market
- Learn about closing costs
3. House search!
With your specifications in mind, I will use my resources to scout the marketplace on your behalf. When I find houses that meet your criteria, we can review them and schedule a tour at your convenience.
- When possible, all decision-makers should visit the various homes
- Always be candid–it will help me understand your particular needs
4. Prepare the offer
Once we have found the home of your dreams, I will help you determine an appropriate offer price by reviewing market trends and similar home sales. With your input, I will draft a written offer that outlines the price as well as the responsibilities of both parties in preparation for the transaction. If the seller accepts the offer, it becomes a binding contract. It is imperative that you carefully review the contract and clarify any aspects that are not clear to you prior to offering.
- I will go through the contract with you and complete your offer
- If negotiations are necessary, I will work to ensure that you and the seller agree on all terms
- All documents will be sent to the title company where a file will be opened, and title commitment and property tax information ordered
5. Make your loan application
- Give your loan officer a copy of the contract and apply for the loan
6. Inspect the property
In order to ensure your safety and the value of your investment, it is important to have the proper personnel thoroughly inspect the house after the offer and loan terms have been finalized.
- Select an inspector and arrange for both a general inspection and comprehensive pest inspection
- Depending on the property and location, I can also provide information about other environmental assessments
7. Appraisal and survey of property
- The lender and title company will make arrangements for the property appraisal and survey
- Buyer will be provided a copy of the Title Commitment Letter
- Buyer will make arrangements for homeowner’s (hazard) insurance, and arrange for the insurance agent to talk with the closing officer at the title company
8. Seller’s closing is also arranged
- Buyer receives a copy of the closing statement for review prior to closing
- Buyer does a final walk-through inspection of the property
- The REALTOR arranges a closing date and time with the buyer and title company. Seller’s closing is also arranged
- Buyer brings a cashiers check for all closing costs and the balance of the down payment
9. After closing
I will prepare the necessary documents required for closing such as title examination, payoff statements and deed. On the closing day you will sign all documents. The seller will be paid and you will receive the keys.
Congratulations, you just bought a new home!
Selling your home is the largest business transaction most of us will ever make. With such high stakes and so many important steps, its important to do it right. That’s where I come in. I am committed to guiding you at each step of the home-selling process to ensure that you get every dollars worth for your valued property. My expertise, resources, and diligence help to ensure that the selling process is as seamless and profitable for you as possible.
THE SELLING PROCESS
I take a comprehensive approach to the sales process. Finding the right buyer often requires that proper staging, marketing, and timing all align. The real estate marketplace can be a competitive one. My goal is to make your home stand out.
To this end, I will be responsible for the marketing activities necessary to sell your house. This includes the creation of a comprehensive marketing plan designed to showcase your property to the right buyers.
Furthermore, many home sales occur as a result of internal networking between real estate professionals to pair buyers and sellers. I am deeply connected within the local real estate community, giving your property optimal exposure.
GENERAL TIPS FOR PREPARING YOUR HOME:
First impressions matter! The correct staging of your home can go a long way toward achieving a successful sale at the highest price. Even minor alterations can have a major impact. Here are a few general guidelines that can help transform your home and ensure you to get top-dollar.
- Start from the outside: A well-kept lawn can help secure a strong first-impression for your home. A day or two of yard work can mean a world of difference in the buyers mind. A clean lawn and well-groomed landscape will help bring in prospective buyers from the beginning.
- The front door welcomes the prospect: Doorways and entrances are usually the first thing a visitor sees inside of your home. Step outside your front door and take an objective view. A fresh coat of paint or scrubbing your door clean will be well worth the effort invested. A seasonal door decoration can instantly give your home a warm, inviting feel.
- Highlight your home: Ample lighting will project a feeling of warmth to the potential buyers. Clean windows will also help illuminate walls and ceilings.
- Clean kitchens and sparkling bathrooms help sell homes: Be sure these rooms are gleaming! Counter tops should be clean and free of clutter. Repair caulking in bathtubs and showers. Fixtures should always be polished. Putting out fresh towels is a nice touch.
- A place for everything: Make sure beds are made and clothing is put away. Neat, well-organized closets show that there is ample storage space. Straightening newspapers, magazines or other “homey clutter” will help improve your homes image to buyers.
- Check for repairs: Minor flaws in your home suggest neglect to the prospect. Be sure to clean and check major appliances. If a potential buyer can find a minor defect in a house, he or she will often assume there are more serious underlying issues.
- Last, relax and have fun! Once a showing is scheduled, try to make plans for lunch or to visit a friend. Having homeowners milling around will often make prospect buyers feel uncomfortable and hurry through a showing. So, relax, and let me do my job to showcase your beautiful home.